Sunday, March 13, 2005

Fallout

Overall, I'd say the committee did an excellent job this year. I'm truly impressed. I still don't think Northern Iowa really did enough to be a tourney team, but its hard to argue against a 20 win mid major team when the next best option is a team that finished 4-6 in its last 10 games. By the way, the committee really looked down on teams who ended poorly. UCLA, Pittsburgh, Kansas, and the non-inclusion of Notre Dame are great examples of this. Louisville is seeded too low and Connecticut too high, but I can't think of anything else that really stood out to me.

And yet again, I proved to be just as good as the resident bracketologists for the big guys
Me: 64 right, 36 seeds correct
Lunardi (ESPN): 64, 38 (only because he did a last minute update to account for today's games, and the somewhat expected move of Washington to a #1 seed after Kentucky's blowout loss)
Mandel (SI): 65, 34
Meija (cbsports): 65, 36
Lazurus (foxsports): 64, 33

Just for kicks we'll throw in Andy Katz (63 out of 65, didnt seed) and Dickie V, who somehow managed to have Depaul as both a last team in and a last team out and projected (surprise, surprise) 3 ACC teams to get #1 seeds...he did get 64 right though.

As always, the lesson is that I never spend my time doing anything productive. All these other guys get paid to do this stuff; I guess they have the last laugh.

No comments: