Tuesday, May 11, 2004

That kid is back on the escalator!

So on Sunday morning Allison and I volunteered to help with registration for Race For the Cure (our official title was "Welcome Liason"). Our job was to check people in when they showed up, and hand them numbers for either the 5K run, 5K walk, or 1K walk. Some of the runners were on teams, and due to the magic of Microsoft Excel, some of said team names were cut short, with hilarious consequences (keep in mind that at 5:30 AM lots of things are funnier than they normally would be). My personal favorites were "Healthy Ho", "Valley Hos" and on the opposite end of the spectrum "Team Prude".

Also, Sunday morning provided me with one of the finest moments of physical comedy I've ever been witness to. This kid, probably between 5 and 7, decides it would be a good idea to run up the down escalator to get to the floor above him. After watching him struggle for a bit, then finally get the hang of it, I turn to Allison and remark about how he thinks hes got it down, but that the dismount at the top is always the most difficult part. Immediately after I finish my statement the kid totally biffs it right at the top of the escalator (he wasn't hurt). Hilarious! He went down hard too, but managed to crawl his way off of the escalator and onto the floor. As soon as he stands up, he begins to look around like something is missing; it's at this time that I notice an adidas sandal sticking up out of the escalator heading downward. The kid lost his shoe and had absolutely no idea where it was, never even occured to him that it may have gone down the escalator. So what does he do? He just takes off without it. So basically in order to save myself from eternal damnation from laughing at this kids misfortune, I decide to be the "hero" and return him his sandal. Very funny stuff though, definitely the highlight of my day.

Thought I'd switch it up this time so I'll leave you with a Family Guy quote:

"It's OK to lie to women, they're not people like us."

No comments: